- Sports betting in cryptocurrency and Indian rupees, minimum deposit from 300 INR
- Mobile betting app compatible with Android & iOS devices, there is a mobile version of the site
- Rich betting markets for cricket, eSports, football
- Personal account with bet statistics for strategy development
- A licensed bookmaker with over 20 years history
- Hundreds of sports events with high odds
- Convenient payment methods for deposits
- Uses rupee and Indian payment systems for payments
- 30+ sports, including cricket, soccer and cyber sports
- Excellent fine-tuning interface and in-play features
- Great sportsbook, cricket, kabaddi section A
- Sky247 sports exchange on cricket, soccer, tennis, e-soccer
- India-specific payments methods
- Accepts rupees and cryptocurrencies
- Good enough for Indian bettors with a special focus on cricket
- Great bonuses
- Expanded betting markets
- Free mobile app
- Adapted for Indian bettors
- Free betting app for iOS and Android, functional mobile site
- Great eSports betting lines
- Preliminary and live bets in any betting market
- A detailed legal info about Curaçao licence and T&C, and other policies
- A good selection of sports and esports
- A lot of well-known providers
- Low deposit limit – from 200 INR
- Indian-friendly payment methods and account currencies
- Convenient mobile app
- Great betting lines with high odds
- Excellent betting markets for popular sports
- Free mobile app
- Bonuses for regular customers and newbies
- Preliminary and live betting on the most popular sports in India, online broadcasting
- Rupees and cryptocurrencies are accepted
- Thousands of betting lines daily with detailed description and high odds
One of the most important tasks when you want to play games of chance or bet on sports is selecting the betting app which provides the safest and most satisfying playground.
Most sportsbooks in India provide applications for quick and stable access. The programs are alike and unique at the same time. They provide similar functions but can offer specific solutions for players. So, to select the best for you, you need to compare them.
We collected all the betting apps we know and tested them, so you won’t need to install them. That article is dedicated to selecting a safe, convenient, fast program for your iOS and Android devices. And also, we added some of the educational materials to help you in searching.
We made a ranking where you can find comprehensive betting apps to make bets on sports. We strived to select the most thoughtful and convenient programs which provide good opportunities for Indian players. The ranking collects legal, licensed, and fast apps which work with Indian rupees and sports markets.
Are Betting Apps Legal in India?
A betting operator doesn’t need permission from the Indian authorities to be legal in India. Well, the Indian laws are a complex picture.
It should be issued by the Commission of Curaçao, Malta, Great Britain Commission, etc. Such a license means it’s a foreign operator, not an Indian, and has a right to organize games for Indian players.
Gambling has a state status, which means the state government makes a law about it, not federal. States make a legal framework, and only 2 states, Goa and Sikkim, allow sports betting and casino games organized on their territory. But what about playing? What about general gamers who want to play, not organize?
In that case, all online gambling in India is subject to the IT Act, 2000. It prescribes punishment for persons indulging in such activities, with a fine of INR 100,000 or imprisonment of up to 5 years. But, again, here we speak about specifically Indian servers on the Indian territory. What about overseas?
There is no law applicable to betting on sites based outside India. Moreover, no Indian law calls online betting and gambling illegal directly.
So, if we speak about overseas sportsbook catering to Indians – well, foreign sites are legal in India. So you can be sure that you can play safely on sports sites with Curaçao, Malta, Great Britain, and other overseas licenses.
Betting Apps Download
If you want to download an online betting app, you should learn several aspects.
First, you should know what characteristics the mobile gadget has. For example, if you have too old Android or iOS device, it might not support the needed applications.
You should know which system version is installed on your phone. For example, a betting app might require Android 5.1. It means your device should have that version or newer, so the program will work properly.
Usually, the sportsbook writes the minimum technical requirements on their sites. For example, you might see such a list:
- Operating System – Android 5.1 or iOS 10
- RAM – 1 Gb
- Processor – 1,2 GHz
- Memory space – 100 Mb
The My Phone link may have various names, like “About phone”, “General”, etc. You learn the version number and type, device model, processor, memory condition, etc. What you need to know is the name of your operating system.
So, all online betting apps have requirements, and the main one is the operating system version. Because phones have RAM and processors connected with OS versions, you can be sure that if you have needed OS, you have everything to support that app.
For example, you have a device with Android 6.0. The app has a requirement: Android 5.0 (or newer). It means your device supports the program. But if you have a 4.0 system, you can’t install the app because the version of your OS doesn’t support the app.
How to Download Betting Apps on Android?
Any betting apps in India usually provide a straightforward way to download.
Usually, you should go to the sportsbook site and find the Mobile icon, which leads to a page or a link to getting the .exe file. Press a link and follow the instructions on the screen. In most cases, the downloading and installation are automatic processes. So you just need to wait for a little while until an icon appears on the screen.
Also, you might consider downloading from Google Play. Since 2021, the Store has allowed betting apps on real money in 15 countries. But the rest can’t see them! So if you live, for example, in the US, Brazil, Ireland, or the UK, you can search and find sports and casino apps in your Store.
If the downloading process doesn’t start, it may happen because of device settings. In that case, you should open the phone’s settings and enable the app installation from unknown resources. That situation often occurs on iOS devices but can be on Androids too.
If you check the dating site of the best betting app in India, you can find a Download button in the rating. Press it and follow the instructions. Or, the process could be like that:
- tap the Download button to be redirected to the official sportsbook site;
- find a link to apps on the site and download them following the tips.
Though, if something stops the process in any way, then you can use the mobile site. Just enter the sportsbook URL in the mobile browser and open it. Authorize, then play as you like.
How to Download Betting Apps on iOS?
The best betting app for the iOS system has not the same way of installation as Android programs.
- First, in most cases, you should have an iTunes account. Use it to open the App Store.
- Search a program by the sportsbook title, and see all associated apps.
- Select what you need and tap the “Get” button. After that, the installation goes automatically.
- After the installation, use login credentials to authorize the app.
Though, it might happen that the bookie doesn’t place the iOS app on the Store. Then, the algorithm is such:
- Go to a sportsbook site using your mobile browser.
- Then find an icon with a mobile phone or a link to a needed downloading page.
- Follow the instructions to download. Usually, sportsbooks provide instructions on how to make it right on the page about their mobile apps.
As soon as the app is installed, you will see the icon on your screen. It means you can open it, authorize or sign up to play.
Sometimes the sportsbook provides its programs in the App Store; you download it from there. The Store means an official acceptance that the app works fair.
The best betting apps in India work for Android and iOS exceptionally. There’s no difference in the functionality of the two variants.
Choosing Best App
All legal betting apps in India provide a list of features for good gambling and making sports bets. To choose the best, you should learn what options the apps present and how good their offers are.
So, you look for a list of specific criteria you select as you like. For example, if you prefer virtual games, you look for a good selection of these titles. If you prefer in-play bets, choose an app with the best market options for such stakes.
Most criteria include
- Easy and fast login.
- Easy finding and choosing a sport, event, team, or athlete.
- Detailed info and stats on your fav teams or players.
- Various types of stakes and bet slips.
- Minimum space in storage.
- Convenient payments.
- A lot of games (or offers for sports bettors).
- Live streaming and good odds for live bets.
- Suitable design for mobile gadgets and user-friendly navigation.
What else could be there? Well, chats, messengers, and social media links to communicate with friends and support. Maybe, you need a guide on specific sports, their rules, or the betting specifics, so the tutorials should be there.
You should not pick an app if you see features like that:
- an old inconvenient design;
- too much space in memory storage;
- not much to select in games and stakes.
We select the best for our betting app in India ranking using these criteria. Below, you can read more about them.
License & Safety
If you want to know immediately if the brand is worth trying, you should look for a license. And which permission does it have?
The license means several things:
- The operator and its brands undergo tests and audits regularly.
- The operator deploys programs and tactics to support the cybersecurity of its sites and clients.
- The brand checks up the RNG regularly and gets certificates from labs so that clients can be sure of the 100% fairness of games.
- The brand receives 100% licensed games from providers.
- The site secures the finances and financial transactions of its clients.
- The operator cares about customers and complies with commission standards.
- Usually, the operator complies with KYC and AML policies, so it requires official documents from players.
- And a lot of other things to secure clients more.
So, when you find a site, you should look at its license.
So if you see these names, you can be sure that the sportsbook or casino is fair and transparent.
If you see a Curaçao license, it’s good too. The permit is one of the most popular in the gaming industry, and the authorities strive to support golden standards to protect clients. If you see Costa Rica’s permission, it could be questionable.
But if you see no license, it’s a suspicious sign. Any permision is better than no one. You should also know the license number, the title of the company which owns the brand, and its address. In that case, the brand is undoubtedly legal and safe. If you see no such data, then it’s a bad sign.
Availability & Compatibility
That criterion means that the app must be accessible and free for downloading. The better way to get an app is via the official site. Don’t take an app from other websites because it might work incorrectly or have viruses.
So to get an app, go to the betting site and find it. If you don’t see it, it can signify that the site is well adapted to mobiles. You don’t need to download the app; you can play it right on the site via your browser.
And if you found the page about mobile apps, look at the app requirements written on that page. As we noted earlier, the primary condition is an OS version. To learn more about the gadget OS number, look at your device’s settings, as we instructed earlier.
India’s best online betting apps are compatible with most mobile Android and iOS devices. Also, they are free and easy to download and install.
The minimum requirements are solely dependent on the operating system. If you use an iOS device, then it usually requires iOS version 6.0 or above. That version was released in 2012. The latest release of the system was in September 2024 and had a 16 number. So, if you have a device released after 2012, it supports sportsbooks and casino programs.
For Android devices, the minimum is usually Android 2.3 or 2.3 Gingerbread. That version was released in December 2010. The latest release was Android 13, in August 2024. So if your OS has a number more than 2, you can be sure that it supports any sportsbook & casino application.
Design & User-friendliness
The betting app download has a sense when it has a good design. Otherwise, playing on the site is better, with no loading and wasting mobile storage. So, an intuitive layout and friendliness to users are a must for any sportsbook or casino app.
What does it mean – user-friendly design?
First, it’s simple and has a curated list of options. Each section focuses on one primary purpose. For example, if you want to find suitable markets, the page has market options and no payment methods forms. These forms open via the related button, etc. That way, users aren’t overwhelmed by design and know what to do.
Next, the application should have a clean design. Users make minimum steps for any aim and don’t click any extra buttons or links. The navigation should be evident and apparent.
The intuitive design requires minimum thoughts on the process. That’s why all sportsbook apps are made on similar principles, so users just know how they work. How do you get it intuitive:
- navigation gives you the freedom to move on pages;
- the design is consistent; you see the same visual patterns on every screen;
- you quickly get where to find anything you want in the app;
- you should understand what’s going on on the screen;
- overall, the design should be satisfying for you.
So, when we ranked, we collected the best betting apps with a conscious and explicit design.
Reliable betting app download means it doesn’t crash, so you make bets easy and whenever you want without stops. It has a stable connection with Internet servers and works well on your device.
Why does an app keep crashing? There can be several reasons:
- low storage space;
- too many apps working at once;
- weak internet connection due to channel malfunction or weather, or other causes;
- no updates installed.
If a betting application keeps crashing, you first check these reasons. If everything is good, but the problem isn’t solved, then you can write to support or select another app that is better for your mobile device.
Reliability also means you get fair, accurate odds without biases and skewing. It’s even more important in live betting, where odds can change in seconds. When you go to the T&C or Betting Rules section, you can see a list of sources from which the betting sites get the information for their odds and results. So you can compare by itself their fairness.
There’s no thing like “true odds”. These digits are developed using strict maths formulas, that’s right. But formulas are based on pretty subjective definitions of possibilities. What’s the possibility that Team 1 will win over Team 2? Mainly, odds are developed to bring more profit to sportsbooks, not players.
So, we can hope only to find odds that bring more profits to us than in other sportsbooks that we would call fair odds and reliable betting sites.
Reliability also includes a “good tips” meaning. Excellent and understandable analytics help you win and win with more profits. And the tips must be easily accessible in the app.
It means that good sports betting apps have a lot of good reviews. Yes, there can be negative posts, but they shouldn’t be all negative. The thoughts of other players help you understand what you should expect from the app.
Reviews should speak about the positive and negative sides so that we can build a whole picture. The posts and comments in threads can tell a lot about:
- how the sportsbook site works on PCs and mobiles;
- how the betting app work on iOS or Android platform;
- does the app crash because of memory, bad design, or failed Internet connection, etc.;
- which game or sports offers selection it has;
- which payment methods it has, and how good are deposits and withdrawals;
- how the support works with clients.
Where to find them? You can find reviews on specific information sites dedicated to sportsbooks, casinos, and mobile apps. For example, you can find reviews on Askgamblers, Bookies, Trustpilots, Theverge, Wired, Developerapple, and other similar sites.
Read reviews with a pinch of salt because people may exaggerate their opinions. Look for facts and specific data.
The unique features include everything, from fast withdrawals to satisfying design and live streaming. In a nutshell, these features make an app stand out from the crowd.
So, what you can find in modern betting apps:
- Social media integration, so you can use your social media to share, authorize, or do whatever else you want to do.
- In-app rewards as a part of general gamification. For example, you can get comps for specific actions, get better statuses in the VIP club, etc.
- Good tutorials on betting, analytics, and strategy tips for beginners and advanced players.
- A sports result and statistics base for them who build their predictions.
- Comparing odd features so that you can select more profitable stakes.
- Advanced customization of profiles, markets, odds format, etc.
- Livestreaming, so you can watch sports events right on the app.
Each betting site developer makes a unique set of options to offer its clients. To learn them, you can read reviews and test apps by yourself. You can use rankings if you don’t want to spend your time on testing. We have a decent ranking on our site.
It’s a feature in-built in a betting app allowing you to watch sports events in real-time. So you can see everything that happens and correct your stakes correspondingly. The broadcasting quality could be as high as on TV, given the mobile device size.
The live streaming feature is most important for in-play bettors. The odds in live bets change constantly, so you should be aware of what’s going on on the field.
Some sportsbooks add valuable tools to broadcasting, such as
- stats tracker in real-time;
- a scorecard;
- historical stats of teams and players, etc.
Not every sportsbook provides such a feature. First, the implementation might be complex because the bookie should discuss live streaming with all its members and organizers. Second, broadcasting means a lot of Internet traffic. Not all Indian devices can support that share of traffic. So a sportsbook oriented on budget players might decide not to propose such a feature.
Also, the download betting app should provide good customer service. It should deal fast, providing clear and comprehensive answers to any client.
Some betting sites focus on live chatting, some on phones, and some on emails. But good sites provide several channels for communicating with support, and it usually includes
- live chat;
- phone calls;
- social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What should you learn about support in the selected betting app:
- How long is the answer? The higher is speed, the better.
- The answer could have various waiting periods on live chat, socials, and emails.
- Is it 24\7 or not? If not, what schedule does it have?
The customer reviews also help you understand how the support works, so you should read them to learn it.
How do you know the app has good support?
- The operator provides contacts as possible. Good support offers live, phone, email, socials, live chat, and other options.
- Agents know about clients’ interactions and transactions and know their products well, so they answer fast and clearly.
- Live chat is fast and answers in seconds.
- The app has a comprehensive FAQ page with a lot of answers.
Betting Apps FAQ
Are Betting Apps Secure?
Betting apps are developed by various developers and betting sites. In most cases, they make significant efforts to make apps as secure as possible. Developers deploy tech to encrypt personal and financial data, protecting it from vicious cyber-attacks.
Developers make everything to:
- enforce strong authentication – 2-way authentication and other methods;
- patch app and OS vulnerabilities – that’s why you can see notifications about updates regularly;
- secure the platform, i.e., making the device-server communications safe;
- prevent data leaks using SSL certificates and other technologies.
To get a safe app, you better download it from the official betting app site. Don’t trust sites that aren’t official sportsbooks or casino representations. Take applications from betting sites directly. That helps to get safe apps.
Is Using Betting Apps Legal?
Betting apps, in general, are legal. If we speak about betting apps in India, we should specify that apps made by foreign operators are legal.
So, suppose a company has a Curaçao or Malta or another license and works in India from overseas. In that case, its app is legal in India. You can play safely on such an app.
So if you use apps for playing, then no problem. Suppose you use betting apps for laundering money or other criminal activity. In that case, a sportsbook or casino has the right to ban your accounts.
What are the best IPL betting apps?
Look for names in our rating.
The best IPL betting app has such features:
- a good bonus specifically for IPL playing;
- a lot of payments in INR;
- high odds on cricket;
- live streaming of IPL events;
- fast stake processing;
- fast withdrawals.
Check all these parameters to learn if your app is the best for IPL betting.
Where do you download betting apps in India?
We advise downloading strictly from the official websites of sportsbooks and casinos which you selected for playing. The operators can provide downloading from Google or App Store, but the link should be on the official site.
We don’t recommend downloading from other websites unknown to you. Such programs can be with viruses and malicious code.
Can I use a Welcome Bonus in a Betting App?
You totally can use a Welcome bonus in the app. You should check if the sportsbook or casino brand provides any welcome package. If yes, you should read its terms on the site. Read them carefully to know all details.
For example, the welcome package may specify payment methods or games which won’t work on your device. In that case, you may get no profit from the offer.
What terms should you learn to take promo safely:
- minimum deposit amount;
- wager multiplier amount (how much should you roll over the bonus to meet the wager);
- in which currency you should make a deposit;
- what games or bets count towards wagering;
- what games or bets don’t count toward wagering;
- is it possible to withdraw funds when the bonus is active;
- if yes, will the prize be void or not;
- an expiration period.
So, after checking the terms and conditions, you can open the app and activate the bonus through it.
Are there casino games in the betting apps?
Yes, a lot of betting apps have casino games in them. Most sportsbooks provide virtual sports, slots, tables, and other titles in addition to sports betting.
These games are usually high quality, but you should check providers. The app should provide works from well-known brands, such as Microgaming, Playson, Pragmatic Play, Evolution, etc.
Usually, you don’t need to have another app or log in to play these games. Just open the program and select which game you want to play today.